ESP Safety Shelters: Your Ultimate Above-Ground Protection
Experience peace of mind with ESP Safety Shelters, providing multi-purpose protection and security for you and your loved ones against violent acts of nature and various threats from humans. Proudly made in the USA, our shelters are built to withstand the most extreme tornado activity, creating a safe zone that defends against home invasion.
- For optimal protection, we recommend installing the shelter within the interior of your residence.
- If you choose an outdoor installation, ensure it is within 150 feet of your home and well-protected from external weather conditions.
- Important Note: This shelter is not waterproof.
Proven Strength and Endurance:
- The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has successfully passed rigorous testing at the National Wind Institute at Texas Tech University.
- Enduring nine impacts from 15-pound 2x4s traveling at 100 mph, our shelters demonstrate remarkable strength equivalent to the force of an EF5 tornado with 250-mph winds.
FEMA and NSSA Verified:
- Our ESP Safety Shelter model is verified by the National Storm Shelter Association (NSSA) and complies with FEMA 320, FEMA 361, and ICC-500-2014 Code requirements.
- When installed per the manufacturer's guidelines and inspected by a qualified inspector, you can rest assured of its reliability.
- Designed by Registered Structural Engineers and subjected to a rigorous third-party review process, our shelter provides near-absolute protection against extreme winds, as emphasized by FEMA P-320.
- According to FEMA P-361, occupants of our safe rooms have a very high probability of being protected from injury or death during tornadoes and hurricanes.
Easy DIY Installation:
- Designed as a DIY project, our shelters ensure convenient setup for homeowners.
- After installation, a qualified inspector must verify the shelter's setup for added reassurance.
- Visit www.nssa.cc to find a pre-approved list of installation companies or seek local engineers or architects for guidance.
- Our shelters come with a 5-year limited warranty, ensuring your peace of mind.
- Upon completing the installation checklist and final inspection, the NSSA type 4 seal will provide warranty coverage.
- Customers will receive the NSSA type 4 seal and a Certificate of Installation once the manufacturer receives the necessary checklists and proofs.
Invest in your family's safety with ESP Safety Shelters – Your reliable defense for years to come!
- External Dimensions = 117”L x 87”W x 78” H
Internal Dimensions = 110”L x 80”W x 76”H
Wheelchair accessible: 37.5 inch door opening
Up to 20 Person Private / 12 Person Business
- Provides near absolute protection from EF5 tornado strikes.
- Provides a high level of protection for you and your family against intruders.
- Acts as vault that provides protection for your valuables and other personal belongings. (Not fire rated due to the design requirements to withstand severe storms.)
- Wheelchair accessible - Door opening is 37.5”
- The entire shelter is made from 3/16” (0.188”) thick carbon steel, all hardware is Grade 5, and the majority of all surfaces are powder coated for ultimate protection and appearance.
- The door design and the materials used are critical aspects of any storm shelter. The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a unique sliding reinforced steel door that eliminates problems commonly associated with inward and outward swinging doors.
- When opened, the sliding door takes up no additional space inside or outside the shelter. Also, because the door does not open outward, the likelihood of being trapped by debris after an event is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- A Security Grade Deadbolt holds the latch bar into the locked position and keeps the door from being opened from the outside.
- Three steel pins securely lock the door closed within a 3” deep steel jamb pocket. The ESP Safety Shelter’s design does not rely solely on deadbolts as the primary locking mechanism.
- The door on the Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a 4th locking pin that can only be installed and removed from the inside. Even if the security deadbolt is damaged from the outside, with this pin properly installed, the door will never open (unless the inhabitants remove this pin).
- A single handle operation locks all three pins into place in a single motion. There is never any need to waste precious time trying to lock three or four deadbolts to secure your door.
- The ESP Safety Shelter does not rely solely on hinges to support and secure the door to the hinge jamb. When our door is in the closed position, the entire hinge side (top to bottom) is locked into the adjacent front wall. No screws to pull out or pins that may break.
- Shielded air vents allow uninterrupted air flow.
- Quick release sliding door design allows opening when blocked by debris and reduces space required for operation.
- Quick manipulating locking mechanism works in conjunction with a security grade latch/key lock.
- Emergency panels for rapid shelter exit with an emergency wrench included.
- Bolt together modular design for ease of construction and relocation.
- Benches, shelving, and built-in gun racks are also available.
- 5 year limited warranty