Introducing ESP Safety Shelters: Your Ultimate Multi-Purpose Protection Solution
- Made in the USA, ESP Safety Shelters offer the ultimate protection against violent acts of nature and various threats posed by humans.
- Withstand extreme tornado activity and provide a safe zone against home invasion.
- Tested and passed at the National Wind Institute at Texas Tech University, enduring nine impacts from 15-pound 2x4s traveling at 100 mph, equivalent to the force of an EF5 tornado with 250-mph winds.
FEMA and NSSA Verified Safety:
- This model complies with FEMA 320, FEMA 361, and ICC-500-2014 Code requirements when installed and inspected as per the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Designed by Registered Structural Engineers and undergone rigorous third-party reviews for maximum safety.
- Provides "near-absolute protection" as stated by FEMA P-320 and P-361, ensuring a high probability of safety from injury or death caused by extreme winds.
Installation and Inspection:
- While designed as a DIY project, it's crucial to have the shelter inspected by a qualified inspector upon completion.
- Visit www.nssa.cc for a pre-approved list of installation companies or find a local engineer or architect.
- The NSSA type 4 seal and Certificate of Installation will be provided after the manufacturer receives the installation and final inspection checklists.
- Limited Lifetime Storm Damage Replacement Benefit is available when all installation procedures are followed and documented proof is submitted to the manufacturer.
- Preferable for indoor installation, but if placed outdoors, it must be within 150 feet of the intended residence and protected from external weather conditions.
- Not waterproof.
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty for peace of mind.
Keep your loved ones safe with ESP Safety Shelters - order yours today!
- Internal 80”L x 35”W x 76”H
External 87”L x 42”W x 78”H
Up to 6 Person Capacity
- Provides near absolute protection from EF5 tornado strikes.
- Provides a high level of protection for you and your family against intruders.
- Acts as vault that provides protection for your valuables and other personal belongings. (Not fire rated due to the design requirements to withstand severe storms.)
- The entire shelter is made from 3/16” (0.188”) thick carbon steel, all hardware is Grade 5, and the majority of all surfaces are powder coated for ultimate protection and appearance.
- The door design and the materials used are critical aspects of any storm shelter. The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a unique sliding reinforced steel door that eliminates problems commonly associated with inward and outward swinging doors.
- When opened, the sliding door takes up no additional space inside or outside the shelter. Also, because the door does not open outward, the likelihood of being trapped by debris after an event is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- A Security Grade Deadbolt holds the latch bar into the locked position and keeps the door from being opened from the outside.
- Three steel pins securely lock the door closed within a 3” deep steel jamb pocket. The ESP Safety Shelter’s design does not rely solely on deadbolts as the primary locking mechanism.
- The door on the Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a 4th locking pin that can only be installed and removed from the inside. Even if the security deadbolt is damaged from the outside, with this pin properly installed, the door will never open (unless the inhabitants remove this pin).
- A single handle operation locks all three pins into place in a single motion. There is never any need to waste precious time trying to lock three or four deadbolts to secure your door.
- The ESP Safety Shelter does not rely solely on hinges to support and secure the door to the hinge jamb. When our door is in the closed position, the entire hinge side (top to bottom) is locked into the adjacent front wall. No screws to pull out or pins that may break.
- Shielded air vents allow uninterrupted air flow.
- Quick release sliding door design allows opening when blocked by debris and reduces space required for operation.
- Quick manipulating locking mechanism works in conjunction with a security grade latch/key lock.
- Emergency panels for rapid shelter exit with an emergency wrench included.
- Bolt together modular design for ease of construction and relocation.
- Benches, shelving, and built-in gun racks are also available.
- 5 year limited warranty
Safety Shelter FAQ