ESP Safety Shelters: The Ultimate Above-Ground Protection
Experience unparalleled safety with ESP Safety Shelters, designed to provide multi-purpose protection against violent acts of nature and various threats from mankind. Made in the USA, our shelters are built to withstand the most extreme tornado activity, creating a secure zone that offers peace of mind against home invasion.
- We recommend installing the shelter within the interior of your residence for optimal protection.
- If you choose an outdoor installation, ensure it is within 150 feet of your home and well-protected from external weather conditions.
- Please note that the shelter is not waterproof.
- The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has been rigorously tested at the National Wind Institute at Texas Tech University.
- Withstanding nine impacts from 15-pound 2x4s traveling at 100 mph, our shelters exhibit remarkable strength equivalent to the force of an EF5 tornado with 250-mph winds.
FEMA and NSSA Verified:
- Our ESP Safety Shelter models comply with FEMA 320, FEMA 361, and the ICC-500-2014 Code requirements.
- When installed according to our guidelines and inspected by a qualified inspector, you can be assured of your safety.
- Supported by the National Storm Shelter Association (NSSA) verification, we provide step-by-step Installation and Inspection checklists with each unit.
- Designed by Registered Structural Engineers and reviewed extensively, our shelters offer "near-absolute protection" as emphasized by FEMA P-320.
- According to FEMA P-361, occupants of our safe rooms have a very high probability of being protected from injury or death during extreme weather events.
Easy DIY Installation:
- Our shelters are designed as DIY projects, making it convenient for you to set up at your own pace.
- After installation, a qualified inspector must check the shelter to ensure its proper setup.
- Visit www.nssa.cc to find a pre-approved list of installation companies or connect with local engineers or architects for assistance.
Limited Lifetime Warranty:
- To provide added reassurance, we offer a 5-year limited warranty.
- Upon completing the installation checklist and final inspection checklist, the NSSA type 4 seal will provide warranty coverage.
- Customers will receive the NSSA type 4 seal and a Certificate of Installation upon submission of required documentation.
Ensure the safety of your loved ones with ESP Safety Shelters - Invest in reliable protection today!
- Internal 80”L x 110“W x 76”H
External 87“L x 117”W x 78“H
Up to 20 Person Private / 12 Person Business
- Provides near absolute protection from EF5 tornado strikes.
- Provides a high level of protection for you and your family against intruders.
- Acts as vault that provides protection for your valuables and other personal belongings. (Not fire rated due to the design requirements to withstand severe storms.)
- The entire shelter is made from 3/16” (0.188”) thick carbon steel, all hardware is Grade 5, and the majority of all surfaces are powder coated for ultimate protection and appearance.
- The door design and the materials used are critical aspects of any storm shelter. The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a unique sliding reinforced steel door that eliminates problems commonly associated with inward and outward swinging doors.
- When opened, the sliding door takes up no additional space inside or outside the shelter. Also, because the door does not open outward, the likelihood of being trapped by debris after an event is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- A Security Grade Deadbolt holds the latch bar into the locked position and keeps the door from being opened from the outside.
- Three steel pins securely lock the door closed within a 3” deep steel jamb pocket. The ESP Safety Shelter’s design does not rely solely on deadbolts as the primary locking mechanism.
- The door on the Swisher ESP Safety Shelter has a 4th locking pin that can only be installed and removed from the inside. Even if the security deadbolt is damaged from the outside, with this pin properly installed, the door will never open (unless the inhabitants remove this pin).
- A single handle operation locks all three pins into place in a single motion. There is never any need to waste precious time trying to lock three or four deadbolts to secure your door.
- The ESP Safety Shelter does not rely solely on hinges to support and secure the door to the hinge jamb. When our door is in the closed position, the entire hinge side (top to bottom) is locked into the adjacent front wall. No screws to pull out or pins that may break.
- Shielded air vents allow uninterrupted air flow.
- Quick release sliding door design allows opening when blocked by debris and reduces space required for operation.
- Quick manipulating locking mechanism works in conjunction with a security grade latch/key lock.
- Emergency panels for rapid shelter exit with an emergency wrench included.
- Bolt together modular design for ease of construction and relocation.
- Benches, shelving, and built-in gun racks are also available.
- 5 year limited warranty